Northern Economic Leaders provides a constructive environment for business leaders to share information on emerging issues, whilst also providing an opportunity to meet with like-minded leaders and prospective business partners.
Members are in past have invited to quarterly breakfast events which include a tour of a local business facility. The tours are designed to showcase the diversity of the region’s economy and to highlight globally competitive business practices. Recently NEL members have had the opportunity to hear about SAAB Systems’ cutting edge security and defence capabilities; examine the logistics at the Adelaide Produce Market, South Australia’s largest wholesale fruit and vegetable market; learn about the growth and international focus of Flight Training Adelaide; and tour the production facilities at General Motors Holden.
At specific forums members will also get the opportunity to meet with Government leaders and CEOs of key Commonwealth and State Government agencies.
The breakfast and other evebts provide a direct opportunity to inform the your local council’s approach to economic and business development.
Some Successes to date
- Minister Kyam Maher MLC Minster for Automotive Transformation and Manufacturing announced the development of Northern Adelaide Economic Plan at recently hosted business event.
- Connected local businesses with thought leaders such as serial entrepreneur Raymond Spencer, Chair of Economic Development Board on the opportunities and visions for northern Adelaide in a state context.
- Input and feedback on local, State and Federal priorities and developments within the region including the State Manufacturing Strategy.
- Secured a jointly funded position to support local manufactures benefit from the rollout of the State Manufacturing Strategy initiatives.
- Members provided feedback and input on councils’ investment attraction campaigns.
- Committed to a range of workforce solutions to seek to provide local workforces opportunities.
- Hosted showcase events for the local businesses to celebrating local business thriving including SAAB Technologies, Osmoflo & Lifestyle Bakery.
- Held a workshop on local business who a succeeding in doing business with China (Hot Property Group, Michell Wool, Scholle)
- Showcased new and pending investments in the region at with support opportunities for local businesses.
- Shared the success of local companies and technologies adapting to high energy costs. This included Bickfords, Tindo Solar and expert insights from Sinclair Knight Merz.
- On-site tour of members businesses to share and demonstrate business practices to allow members to learn from each other’s operations.
- Provided connections to programs and grants which could assist local business growth and development.